Exercising for at Least 30 Minutes a Day Improves Sleep Quality

The importance of good sleep cannot be overstated. It is an essential aspect of our overall well-being affecting our physical health, mental health, and cognitive function. In order to achieve optimal sleep, there are a number of factors to consider, such as diet, lifestyle, and exercise habits. A recent study...Read More

Heart Shape May Affect Heart Disease Risk

A new study from Stanford Medicine has revealed that the shape of a person’s heart could affect their risk of developing heart disease. The study, which analyzed data from over 17,000 individuals, found that those with a more rounded heart shape had a higher risk of developing heart disease than...Read More

How Artificial Intelligence (A.I) Could Change the Patient Experience

In recent years, artificial intelligence (AI) has been increasingly used in healthcare to improve patient care and experience. One example of this is AI chatbots, like ChatGPT or Jasper, but there are concerns about their potential impact on the patient-provider relationship. According to an article in Fox News, AI-based chatbots...Read More

Detoxifying in a Toxic World: How to Combat Environmental Toxins

Our world is changing. In the past 75 years, dozens of newly introduced chemicals have overrun the environment with a range and intensity never seen before. The food and water we consume, the air we breathe, and the body care products that we use are often tainted with potential toxins....Read More

How Oral Health Affects Patient Wellness

Many of your patients are focused on what they eat and how it affects their body. Yet, every day, they swallow oral bacteria that can radically shape their gut microbiome and contribute to health problems throughout the body. Though many assign oral health concerns to dentistry, proper dental care means...Read More

New Report from World Obesity Federation Shows Rising Rate of Obesity

A recent study by the World Obesity Federation warns that more than half of the world’s population could be considered overweight or obese by 2035. The study was conducted by analyzing data from 195 countries, which showed that obesity rates have tripled since the 1970s. The report, discussed in a...Read More

Increased Rate of Chronic Conditions for Millenials

A recent study focused on the health of millennials and compared it to previous generations by analyzing data from the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) from 1982-2018 and found that millennials are experiencing higher rates of chronic health conditions compared to earlier generations at the same age. The researchers involved...Read More

Adrenal Hormones and Testing

Adrenal responses define many of your patients’ day-to-day lives. Adrenal hormones are instrumental in sleep, focus, and emotional flux. They can also shape long-term health and wellness. Hormones like cortisol, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), and pregnenolone contribute to the development of chronic conditions, including chronic stress and adrenal exhaustion. Furthermore, adrenal function...Read More

Medical Testing for Customized Nutrition

Decades of research have highlighted the role of diet in whole-body health. A proper, balanced diet does more than supply the necessary energy. It can boost the immune system, reduce the risk and severity of chronic diseases, and even promote mental health. General guidelines for dietary ratios, unhealthy foods, and...Read More

Health Markers in Saliva

Human saliva is 99% water. However, saliva testing provides vital insights into your patients’ health and wellness. The remaining 1% is made up of salivary proteins, gingival crevicular fluid, bacterial compounds, enzymes, and foundational health biomarkers. These salivary biomarkers may highlight health concerns, aid in prevention, and inform diagnosis. Recent...Read More